Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding Cupcakes - Lauren & Colin






 So the bummer about getting wedding cupcakes picked up (instead of delivering) is that I don't get to see the finished product all put together.  For this wedding, I made a variety of regular size and mini cupcakes with simple sprinkles and tiny decorations reflecting the wedding colors of white, pale yellow, dark "Tiffany" blue, and shades of brown.  The cupcake flavors were chocolate chocolate chip, vanilla, red velvet, carrot, and snickerdoodle.  Their mini wedding cake (for cutting) was a chocolate chocolate chip cake with vanilla buttercream, covered in white fondant.  I hand painted the scroll design on the side of the cake for a simple, elegant statement.  At the wedding, this cake got a topper of fresh flowers in whites and pale yellow.  The cake would have topped the 100+ cupcakes on my tiered cupcake tower.   I hope it turned out as pretty in person than it did in my mind.

No comments: