Thursday, April 28, 2011

Disney Princess Mini Cakes and Cupcakes





My life is full of frosting and Princesses!  I love to be able to work on kids' parties because it's always so fun to do bright and cheery designs.  And since my own daughter is a big fan, the Disney Princess theme is one of my favorites.  These mini cakes and mini cupcakes were for two ADORABLE twin girls turning 3, each with their own favorite princess.  I got to deliver these to the birthday party, and when the first birthday girl smiled and said "Belle!", I knew how to tell the twins apart!  I made them each their own princess cake: a 4" round vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream.  I added ruffles and roses to the "Belle" cake, and scrolls and gems to the "Snow White" cake.  I topped each cake with a fondant medallion with a princess portrait that I hand drew.  Then I made a fondant banner to announce the name of each birthday girl.  For the other party guests, I made mini cupcakes (red velvet, champagne orange, and vanilla) with coordinating sprinkles and decorations.  Everything, as always, was edible.  And the party looked like it was going to be a royal good time.  

No comments: