Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hello Kitty Cake and Cookies





It's so funny to me that all the cartoons and characters that I grew up with are all back (Smurfs, Strawberry Shortcake, Transformers, etc.)  Some of them never left, as in the case of Hello Kitty!  She's  been very popular 'round this house too, so much so that I got to try out a new toy and make my own HK cookie cutter!  (This has made my fondant work go much quicker.)  For this order, I created a 9" round vanilla cake and covered it in pink fondant.  I added the Kitty, clouds, stars and the balloons all out of fondant.  Then I finished off the bottom of the cake with a big pink bow.   Then, I made sugar cookies with matching Kitty faces and pink bows.  I just don't get tired of that cute little face (and I'm a dog person...go figure!)

No comments: