Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ni Hao Kai Lan Birthday Cake #3 (Allanah)





When I first started designing cakes, and someone asked me for a "Ni Hao Kai Lan" cake, I would start by going to Google images and plugging in "Ni  Hao Kai Lan cake".  Now, I look at just the characters and come up with my own design.  But apparently, I'm not alone.  For fun, I plugged in "NHKL cake" recently, and can you believe that people have copied MY cake design now?!  I guess I've come full circle.  It's the sincerest form of flattery, right?  

When this client asked for the SAME cake as the one on my blog site, I copied myself!  But I have a hard time doing the EXACT cake twice.  So to break it up, I made "Mr. Sun" as a topper to the cake, and I added the pagoda on the back.  Makes me feel creative.  It turned out really cute AGAIN.  Such fun characters and colors.  And the matching cupcakes were a nice addition.  

No comments: