Monday, May 10, 2010

Under the Sea Tea Party









I hope that the girls had as much fun at this party as I did! I threw this Little Mermaid themed tea party for my daughter Hannah's 4th Birthday. I set up my dining room table with real tea cups and saucers and my grandmother's china plates over a sparkly blue table cloth overlay. The centerpieces I made with leftover floral picks from Michaels' Christmas clearance sale. I borrowed my friend's Cricut machine and made a ton of Ariel cutouts for the centerpieces, invitations, and the favors (tedious, but really cute!) I hung inflatable fish and paper lanterns from the ceiling to create the "under the sea" feel. I also created a mini dessert buffet on the sideboard table against the wall, complete with mini cupcakes, chocolate dipped brownie bites, homemade sugar cookies (in shell and tea pot shapes), and mini "sand cup" trifles. I also made a special "birthday girl" cake topped with an Ariel candle. For favors, I covered little tins with paper and ribbon, and topped each container with an Ariel cutout and their name. Inside each tin was a homemade hair clip for each girl. At the party, the girls made fancy tea party hats (see the Birthday Girl above!) with tulle and pre-made paper flowers; they also got a pink feather boa and dainty white gloves to wear. We ate scones, fruit, finger sandwiches, jello and goldfish crackers, and had two types of tea. The girls really liked all the fanciness, and it was so adorable! So now I have a set of mini tea cups and saucers (service for 12) and all the fixin's for a fancy tea. Want someone else to plan and/or execute your next birthday party? Give me a call!




No comments: