Monday, May 10, 2010

Bridal Shower Bouquet Cake






This was a different kind of cake for me. When the client asked for a sheet cake, I wasn't sure what I was going to do. But she brought me the invitation and I thought a really intricate fondant bouquet would be cool on a simple white cake. So here it is. I decided to do the design vertically on the cake so it would be a little different than a typical sheet cake. I cut out and formed all the flowers out of fondant: daisies, roses, tulips, chrysanthemums, and various others. I rolled stems out of green fondant and wrapped them in a ribbon of pink fondant. Then I finished off the ribbon and some of the flower petals with a little pearl dust for some sparkle. The cake was vanilla with raspberry filling. Hope you girls had a fun party!

No comments: