Monday, August 16, 2010

Noah's Ark Baby Shower Cake






This cake was a fun project! I made a large two-tiered red velvet cake with cream cheese icing between the layers. Then I covered the cake in a light yellow fondant. I found a set of foam stamps in my shopping adventures with really cute animals, so I picked them up hoping to try a new technique (new to me, anyway). So I rolled out my fondant and pressed the stamps into it, then cut out each animal and attached them, two by two, to the sides of the cake. I then piped the outlines of the animals with chocolate frosting. For the top of the cake, I carved a small cake to look like an ark, and topped it with fondant that looked like wood planks (thanks to a texture mat). I added some finishing touches: the branches with shimmery leaves, the pink banner, the tiny dove on the top of the ark. I hope it tasted as good as it looked!

No comments: