Thursday, August 5, 2010

August Flavor of the Month: Maple Bacon Cupcake


I thought I would try a new idea and post a "Flavor of the Month" for cupcakes. This flavor was inspired by watching an episode of "Cupcake Wars" (have you seen it yet? I'd love to compete! Hint hint hint). I am a HUGE fan of breakfast foods, so as soon as I heard the word "bacon" on that show I was IN! I tried a chocolate chip and bacon cookie recently, and wasn't impressed (not enough bacon!) So I tried a couple recipes and ended up with the winner (well, the winner among the neighbors...it didn't win at the Cupcake Camp competition). I think they are AWESOME...sweet and salty, meat and cake...it's like a maple bar donut with a side of bacon, all in a little paper wrapper. I'd also like to take this opportunity to dedicate this cupcake to my brother Alex, bacon's #1 fan. I can't wait for him to try it this weekend. Got bacon?





No comments: