Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Louis Vuitton Purse Cake #2






Ever since my trip to the ICES Cake Convention, I have been so inspired to go "cake crazy"! So I was excited to try another purse cake. Especially for a devoted guy who was throwing an elaborate surprise party for his girlfriend's birthday. I opted for a different shaped bag this time with the purse handles hanging down. I started with a 9" square cake that I covered with pink fondant. Then I used a wheel tool to "quilt" the cake and added gold dragees to the intersections of the quilting. This created a base for the purse tier. So I carved the chocolate chocolate chip cake into a purse shape and covered it with chocolate brown fondant. I used a texture mat to give some depth to the fondant to mirror the look of leather. Then I hand-painted the "LV" and designs on the bag with edible gold luster dust. I created the purse details with tan fondant - the piping around the edges, the zipper, the handles, and the luggage tag. I added stitching detail with a wheel tool, and wrote the birthday message with an edible marker. Hope the party was a big success and a great surprise!

No comments: