Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tinkerbell Cupcakes








Now this was a challenge. I wasn't sure how to do a Tinkerbell, but you know me, I don't back down from a challenge. So I drew out my patterns and did my best to create the little pixie's profile out of chocolate. I painstakingly piped all the details with different colored chocolates and chilled them. Then I made some crazy big fairy wings. Once I pressed all the chocolate pieces into the frosting, I took a deep breath and asked my 2-year old son what they were. He got a huge smile and screamed "Tinkobew CAKES!" So I figured they were ok. I always use the kids as my success barometer (a real professional operation I'm running over here, huh?) For an accent, I frosted the other half of the cupcakes with green and added handmade leaves and purple flowers. All the cupcakes got a sprinkle of (what else?) "pixie dust" edible glitter. They turned out really cute, and our birthday girl was tickled. Cupcakes were chocolate chocolate chip and banana chocolate chip.

No comments: