Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chocolatey Chocolate Cupcake Tower





These cupcakes were for a retirement party with a racing theme. The request was for "very chocolatey" cupcakes so I talked them into an assortment of my different chocolate cakes. I made 3 cake flavors (chocolate chocolate chip, black and white, and cookies & cream) and 2 frosting flavors (vanilla and chocolate). Since it was a racing theme, I thought the black and white cupcakes would be cute, and I even sprinkled white and black sugar on each corresponding cake flavor. I couldn't find any checkered flag toothpicks, so I made a few for the top tier of the tower to play on the theme (if you give me a theme, I am very thorough!) I set them all out on my handy-dandy dad-made cupcake stand and they looked fantastic (but smelled even better!) And now I know that my cupcake stand holds 125 cupcakes - very cool.

No comments: