Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Shower Decorations









This baby shower was a very special occasion. One of my oldest and dearest friends is having a baby boy in March, so yes, I went a little overboard. I made small, 3-tiered diaper cake centerpieces; I tried something new and worked in a small glass vase in the top tier so that I could add a fresh flower topper to each one. I think it was a fun variation to my usual diaper cake. My co-hosts and I used a color palette of baby blue, lime green and light yellow for the shower. We decorated with actual baby clothes pinned to a clothesline, bright colored linens and "baby" flower arrangements. I made the little "It's a Boy!" banner using simple paper and my Sizzix machine (I'm a scrapbooker as well! I'm addicted to my little Sizzix and was happy to use some new dies!) The paper onesies were also pinned with mini clothespins to a piece of blue yarn. Everything was so cute and festive! Hurry and get here Baby S...we are anxious to meet you!


2 comments:

jennie said...

Wow, Jen it's all so cute. I'll bet you guys had a great time!

Heather said...

Yes, you went a "little overboard" and I loved it all. :) Everyone is still talking about how great everything was, and I just can't thank you enough for such a special day!