Sunday, September 27, 2009

Monogram Wedding Cake













This is the biggest cake I've made so far, and my first official wedding cake. The Bride wanted a simple cake frosted in white buttercream (no fondant) to serve 100 guests for her September 26 wedding. So I created this 4 tiered cake and piped a swiss dot pattern on each layer. The Bride chose cake flavors of white cake with bavarian cream filling and cappuccino cake with cappuccino cream filling. I also made her an additional sheet cake to serve another 100 guests that was cookies & cream cake with chocolate cream filling and chocolate frosting. Once we got it to the venue, I placed her beautiful Swarovski crystal monogram on the top, an "L" for her new last name. Then I added fresh flowers: orange spray roses, deep purple lisianthus, and lime green "kermit" mums. The colors were so bright and crisp on the white frosting; I thought the cake really "popped". The reception looked beautiful when I left, and whatever the caterer was cooking smelled fantastic, so I'm sure that the night was a huge success. Congratulations Kelly and Blake! Hope your wedding was magical!

No comments: