Sunday, September 27, 2009

Donut Tower!








Ok, so I didn't bake donuts. But the Bride that ordered the wedding cake also had me put together a tower of donuts for her reception. She and her fiance love donuts, so they wanted to have them at the wedding. Being a huge donut fan myself, I was happy to get the project. So I hit my favorite donut shop, Royal Donuts in Mission Viejo, and ordered 6 dozen (plus some donut holes) for this impressive display. The Bride picked her favorites: apple fritters, maple bars, old fashioned, rainbow sprinkles, crumb and chocolate glazed. They were cut into smaller pieces for sampling, and they looked great on my custom cupcake tower (thanks Dad!) It was such a fun idea that I thought it deserved its own post. That's my kind of wedding dessert bar!

No comments: