Saturday, September 19, 2009

All Occasion Cupcakes










You don't have to have a specific theme to have pretty cupcakes! My client said they wanted something simple and pretty that included their favorite color - purple. I made about 100 cupcakes: vanilla, cookies & cream, and chocolate chocolate chip. Each cupcake got a generous swirl of purple or chocolate frosting, a sprinkle of sparkly sugar or purple non-pareils, and a little purple flower made from fondant. I always try to match the paper cupcake liners to the theme as well - the chocolate cupcakes got dark brown liners, and the vanilla cupcakes got purple & white checkered liners. The simple design turns out so elegant, and they look fantastic when displayed on a tiered cupcake tower (I have a few that I am renting out now...ask me about options). These simple cupcakes run $2.25 per cake.

No comments: