Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bridal Shower Cake with Bow























This shower cake is one of my favorites so far. The client provided some photos of cakes that she liked, and I pulled elements from those cakes to come up with this design. The ivory and gold colors were the brides' colors for the wedding. The cake is covered in ivory fondant which I "quilted" to give some texture. The bows and roses were made of ivory fondant and hand painted with edible gold shimmer powder. I even found gold dragees (the little gold balls that have been on fancy Christmas cookies for as long as I can remember - kind of hard to find these days) and added them to the criss cross design. I piped the beaded border with buttercream icing. The cake was white cake with homemade strawberry filling. It was a fun cake to do, and I think it turned out really elegant.

No comments: