Monday, January 24, 2011

Louis Vuitton Purse Cake- "Judy"





This is my latest cake in what is becoming a "Louis Vuitton series". This bag is the "Judy" model from the LV website (which I'm starting to become pretty familiar with...watch out Hubby!) This one was a little more challenging, seeing as how I had to "gather" the fondant like fabric AND figure out how to put a hole in this cake. Luckily I was able to "MacGyver" a handle with a couple of popsicle sticks and some frosting. Like my other purse cakes, I start by carving the cake shape (this one was a red velvet cake). I cover the cake with icing, then cover that with white fondant, which I pinched to give it some pleats. I added beige fondant for leather details, and yellow fondant which I painted gold for the brass details (studs, feet, chain and handle edging. And I hand painted all the logos with different colors of luster dust. Everything was edible and it was a really fun project. Thanks to all you fashionistas out there who love cake!

No comments: