Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jan 2011 Flavor of the Month: S'mores Cupcakes



So (one of my) New Year's resolutions is to come up with a new flavor of cake every month (yes, my neighbors...good news for you!) I have a big list of flavors that I wanted to try, so this resolution should be a (you guessed it) piece of cake!

So far so good. January is S'mores month...I created a graham cracker flavored cake and stuffed the cupcakes with milk chocolate pieces and bits of graham crackers. For the last few minutes in the oven, I added a few mini marshmallows on top so that they got brown and melty. The cupcakes were really good with my chocolate buttercream icing. I topped the icing with a marshmallow and a triangle of graham cracker just for fun. Much less messy than the real thing, but still tasty!


1 comment:

Heather said...

That's it, I'm buying a house on your street...! :)