Friday, September 3, 2010

Billiard Ball Cupcakes



These mini cupcakes were part of a large order (240 minis!) which was mostly just swirls of frosting with sprinkles. But a portion of them I made to look like billiard balls. They were just so colorful and fun that I thought I'd give them their own post. I covered the cupcakes with buttercream icing and rolled the tops in different colors of sanding sugar. For the stripes, I covered the edges of the frosting with wax paper before dipping in the colored sugar. Then I removed the wax paper and dipped the edges in white sugar. Then I added the little white circles of fondant on top and wrote on the numbers with a food writer markers. [*Note: to all those pool players out there: forgive me for omitting the #7 and #15. I didn't have any burgundy sugar...really, who wants that?] And if you noticed that, then you're spending way too much time in a) pool halls or b) my blog.

No comments: