Sunday, November 29, 2009

Girls' Night Out Cupcakes







These cupcakes were for a 40th birthday celebration at a spa. They wanted something fun and girly, so what's more girly than shoes, purses and flowers? I molded the shoes from chocolate, and the flowers and purses were made with fondant. I cut out the purses and all the beaded handles from fondant, hand painted them with luster dust, and added candy sprinkles and dragees. So YES, everything was edible (my golden rule of cake designs). I also used a new edible glitter this time (called "disco silver"! woo hoo!) which gave all the cupcakes a cool sparkle. The purses were so much fun to design. The cupcakes were four flavors: Cappuccino, Champagne Orange, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, and Banana Chocolate Chip. And they all got a generous dollup of my homemade vanilla icing. I hear they were a big hit! Thanks Gals!

No comments: