Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Phineas and Ferb Birthday Cake





One of the best parts of being a mom is being able to watch cartoons.  And I have to admit that this is my favorite show on the Disney channel.  "Phineas and Ferb" is very clever with great music and funny characters.  So I was excited to try a cake featuring the main characters.  I made a cookies & cream cake and covered it with a layer of light blue fondant.  Then I created the characters out of fondant and placed Phineas, Ferb and Candace on the sides of the cake.  "Agent P", my favorite semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action, got the primo spot on the top of the cake.  And then I made the birthday message to look like the logo from the show's title.  Finally, I added some fondant circles and mini gold star confetti for some color.   I knew it was a hit when the birthday boy (who came to pick up the cake in his Perry the Platypus shirt) saw it and his eyes lit up!  It was a fun project.  So keep it coming!  I'd love to try Dr. Doofenshmirtz next...and maybe an evil cakenator or something.  Curse you, Perry the Platypus!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE Phineas and Ferb! Adam had to watch for work (really!) and I can't wait for Owen to get into it...

And of course, great cake. :)

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome cake. My son wants his 4th birthday to be Phineas and Ferb themed.