Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oak Creek Golf Themed Cupcakes





How do you get a retired father excited about his daughter's cake business?  Mention the possibility of trading cupcakes for some rounds of golf!  I created these cupcakes for a women's charity event at the beautiful Oak Creek Golf Course in Irvine.  There were about 90 women who participated in a golf tournament to support breast cancer research through the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  So I was glad to also support a great cause and get my cupcakes in front of a large group of ladies.  Besides, how cute are they?  I had so much fun creating these designs.  I brought an assortment of cupcake flavors for the golfers to try:  chocolate chocolate chip, coconut, vanilla with strawberry filling, s'mores, champagne orange and red velvet.  I made a different design for each flavor, incorporating golf, breast cancer research, Oak Creek, and even a plumeria flower for my new business name.  The chocolate cupcakes were by far the most popular, but I still can't decide if people just like chocolate the best, or if the ladies needing convincing that the golf balls were made of chocolate and not plastic.  It was fun to meet the golfers and the staff, and they couldn't have had a more gorgeous day to play.  It was an all around great event, and I was happy to be part of it.  Thanks Oak Creek!  And I hope all you ladies enjoyed the treats.  

No comments: