Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cherry Blossom Wedding Centerpieces






I created these simple centerpieces for a small wedding reception in a private backyard.  The grooms' sister hosted the event and wanted to incorporate some traditional japanese wedding photos that the bride and groom had taken.  So I framed the beautiful photos and set them on the tables next to simple glass cylinder vases.  I filled the base of the vases with river rocks and added a couple of tall cherry blossom branches.  The branches were dramatic, yet still simple.  I bought some branches with pink blossoms and some with white blossoms.   Around the frames and cylinders, I placed a couple pink mosaic votive holders with tea light candles.  I also used small square glass vases lined with river rock and made small arrangements with large white roses and pink spray roses.  For a final touch, I scattered a few river rocks around the vases.  I really liked how simple and beautiful everything turned out.  I've always wanted to do a cherry blossom theme, and I was so excited when I found out that I could get fresh blossoms.  The guests had a great time and the bride was touched.  Congratulations!

No comments: