Saturday, March 19, 2011

Buzz Lightyear Toy Story Cookies





"To Infinity...and Beyond!" That's all I hear around my house these days. The most impressive part about this project was that I kept my Buzz-obsessed 2-yr old son from eating one! These cookies were party favors for a 3rd birthday, so the finished cookies were individually wrapped with a cellophane bag and coordinating ribbons.

I gave the artwork on this project a lot of thought. Once I made the sugar cookies and let the glaze dry, I debated on how to create Buzz. I thought about piping royal icing, but I didn't think that I could get the detail right. So I used a pattern to trace the basic outline with an edible marker, and I filled in the rest of the details by hand. Yep, I just drew them. Then, to complicate things, the two main colors of purple and lime green were not included in my set of markers. (Curse you, Americolor!) So I actually painted those colors in with my new edible watercolor paints (i.e. food color and water). Phew! But I think they were worth it. My little Space Ranger was pretty excited to see Buzz cookies when he came downstairs. I hope the birthday boy was equally excited!

No comments: