Sunday, August 9, 2009

Larry's 40th Birthday Cupcakes




These cupcakes were for a dear friend of mine on his big 4-0. His wife ordered these sweet treats for a wild surprise party (I know it was wild - I witnessed it myself!) The cupcakes were simply decorated with a swirl of icing, topped with "40"s that I molded out of chocolate. Each treat also got a special photo topper...pictures of the birthday boy as a kid and as an adult. I printed the photos from my computer and attached them to fancy toothpicks for a personal touch. The cupcake towers and photos made a fun centerpiece to the party...and topped off the surprise! I made four flavors of cake: chocolate chocolate chip, banana chocolate chip, coconut and cappuccino (my new favorite). They were all gone by the end of the evening, so I think it was a success!





1 comment:

Jarusha said...

How did you make the 40's out of chocolate? Special Mold? I really like the idea. If you could let me know by emailing me jarusha.geringer@gmail.com Thanks!