Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beach Cupcakes








































These cupcakes were for Avery's 4th Birthday. Avery saw my mermaid cupcakes online with her Aunt Steph and decided that she would love a mermaid of her own. So I was happy to create some fun, beachy cupcakes for her. The fish cupcakes and starfish cupcakes were designs I developed last month. But I tried a couple new ones - Seahorses molded out of chocolate perched on the ocean floor (with colorful rocks), and the sand pail on the beach. The sand pails I also molded from chocolate, and I piped handles and shovels with icing. The "sand" is a mixture of graham cracker crumbs and raw sugar. I made four flavors of cake: Cookies & Cream, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Coconut, and Vanilla Raspberry. Happy Birthday Avery! Hope you had a fun party.

No comments: