Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rylee's Birthday Cupcakes








I made these water polo cupcakes using blue & white frosting that I sculpted with the spatula to look like water. The balls were designed with chocolate candy melts and once they hardened, I just stuck them in the frosting. I had to post these additional popcorn cupcakes as well because (in an effort not to go back to the market for the 27th time this week) I decided to make my own yellow marshmallows. I colored the marshmallows with food coloring, and they turned out so much cooler than the yellow marshmallows you buy in the multi-color bag. It actually looked like the blotchy butter color that happens when you microwave popcorn! I love when that happens...

1 comment:

RMeyer said...

Rylee loved her waterpolo cupcakes, as well as our guests. Those, as well as the popcorn cupcakes, were an added bonus to our party--there were none left! A sure sign of tasty goodness. Thank you so very much!