Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wedding Cupcakes - Vanessa & Michael






I thought that these turned out so adorable! I made coconut cream cupcakes and Margarita cupcakes for this sweet couple's wedding reception at the Bahia Corinthians Yacht Club in Corona Del Mar. The coconut cupcakes got a layer of shredded coconut on top and a tiny navy blue fondant heart. The margarita cupcakes got a swirl of vanilla butter cream and a sprinkle of coarse white sugar for some sparkle. The bride provided the flags, which she made using templates online. And for the happy couple, I made them a personal 6" cake for cutting which was red velvet with cream cheese filling. I decorated the cake with a layer of butter cream icing and shells that I molded out of white chocolate. I also added a white chocolate anchor to the side of the cake. I added luster dust to the chocolate and pearl candies to add an elegant shine. And for the monogram cake topper, I molded the bride and groom's initials out of navy blue fondant and added wire to turn them into toppers. The initials also got a coat of luster dust for a finishing touch. I got to set them up at the reception on my custom cupcake stand. I think it looked so cute and was a perfect compliment to the decor. Congratulations Vanessa & Michael!

No comments: