Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Star Wars Cupcakes





A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, these cupcakes were the hit of the party! I made these for our friend Ethan for his Star Wars birthday party. When his mom mentioned the theme, I remembered seeing these killer cookie cutters at Williams Sonoma. So I ran out to get them. I tinted and rolled out fondant, then used the cookie cutters to make Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Yoda and Boba Fett cupcake toppers. Then I created my own fondant designs for Luke Skywalker, Princess Leah, R2D2 and C3PO. I painted all the details on the fondant faces with food writer markers and luster dust. Lastly, I made Chewbacca by piping chocolate fur and adding frosting eyes plus a fondant nose and teeth. For the adults, I did a simple swirl of white frosting and topped them with fondant stars and edible star confetti. How did they turn out so cute? I think the force was with me. ;)

2 comments:

T X 3 said...

I love your blog!!! Got your business card at the Cupcake Camp this past weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
We just love your Star Wars cupcakes!

We've included them in our post of incredible Sci-Fi Cupcakes - (http://surlygurls.net/2011/10/08/conspectus-sci-fi-cupcakes/) - with a link back to this page.

Thanks for posting the photos of your sci-fi treats!

- SurlyGurls