Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Beachy 40th Birthday Cake






This cake was for a classy dinner party to celebrate a special birthday. I tried to keep it simple; the cake was red velvet and it was covered with cream cheese icing that I tinted a sand color. Since cream cheese is hard to get smooth, I left some "waves" in the icing and kept it looking organic. Then I topped the cake with fun stuff: raw sugar "sand", white coral piped from icing, and a collection of hand molded white chocolate shells (which I brushed with luster dusts in white pearl, copper, and aqua blue). My small handful of fans know that I like a little "bling" on my cakes, so I added some white and metallic blue pearls for some sparkle. And I topped the whole cake with my new chocolate number picks (I mold them myself and they have a pointed bottom that stick into the cake - very cool) Since I delivered this cake, I know it looked great with the decor of the party. I just love a color-coordinated event!

No comments: