Sunday, March 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Cupcakes



With all the schools going "peanut free", I have decided to come out of the closet as a true peanut junkie. I love peanut butter, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. And while these cupcakes are kind of boring in the decoration department, I thought they needed a post of their own since it's my new favorite recipe. I have concocted a peanut butter cake batter, as well as a delicious peanut butter frosting to top them off (think Reese's peanut butter filling meets cream cheese icing!) They were an accompaniment to the Elmo cupcakes post above. As I was enjoying one at home, I thought that I should try dipping the whole cupcake in a chocolate glaze and roll it in chopped peanuts, like those old-fashioned hand-dipped ice cream bars. Ahhhh. I need a guinea pig...any takers out there?

No comments: