Friday, December 26, 2008

Baby Shower Cake





This is a cake I made for a couples' baby shower (my friend & best client Stephanie!) The two square layers were covered in homemade buttercream frosting, then topped with pink fondant, which I "quilted" for a soft look. The daisies were also handmade of white fondant and chocolate icing. I created the bassinette cake topper out of a small (4") cake topped with ruffles and a sleeping baby under a blanket (all fondant). The bassinette canopy I made of molded sugar with piped icing details. I also painted the ruffles with pearl dust to give it an irridescent shine. The couple actually made me cut the cake at the party because no one else wanted to "ruin" it. Luckily, they got over it when they tasted the cake below! Cake pricing starts at $2 per person served.

No comments: