Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Birthday Cupcakes




I made these cupcakes (150 total) for my friend's daughter's first birthday. The party was in December, and the theme was pink & white polka dot, puppies and winter. I think it was a nice mix of first birthday and holidays. I made 3 flavors of cupcake (double chocolate, pink vanilla, and cookies & cream) with 5 different designs (Westie "pup"cakes, snowflake cookies on white frosting, pink frosting with white piped polka dots, pink frosting with sugar sparkles, and blue frosting with sugar sparkles. (See my other photos of "Pup"cakes and "Snowflake Cupcakes" for more detailed descriptions) I also made the cupcake toppers shown on the cupcake tower above using clip art from the Martha Stewart website (provided by the client) The cupcakes were a big hit! In fact, my friend Steph says people are still talking about the cupcakes and centerpieces a week later (see other posts for centerpieces!) Homemade cupcakes start at $2.50 each

1 comment: