Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cupcake Pops and Marshmallow Cupcakes





Not to be outdone by the Cake Pop craze going on, I decided to play with some other cute bite-sized confections. The cupcake pops were actually the same filling that I use for my chocolate truffles, just molded and put on a stick. They were just as delicious, and extra adorable on the sticks, not to mention easy to eat (no chocolate fingers!)

The last picture is a variation on a family favorite. My mom and I make these marshmallow pops, and those of you that have tried one at my house know that they are freakishly delicious. Well, I tried these babies without the sticks by dipping the marshmallows halfway in chocolate and then molding the bottoms in a chocolate mold. Then I dipped the tops in white chocolate. They are a work in progress: while the undercoating of caramel was delicious, it was kind of a nightmare to work with, and started oozing out. But once I get the hang of these, they will be adorable too!

Just a couple more options for dessert buffets or party favor treats!

No comments: