Saturday, October 9, 2010

More Toy Story Cupcakes




These cupcakes were for a Toy Story fanatic who was turning 3. I created all the characters out of fondant this time, a variation from the last batch of Toy Story cupcakes I made that were more 3D and had chocolate details. These were a little more artsy since I drew all the faces by hand with edible markers. I was happy with the end result...still recognizable and I got to try the human-type faces of Buzz, Woody and Jessy. Along with the cupcakes, I made a 4" personal size cake for the birthday boy. In her infinite wisdom, Mom decided to put all the characters on the birthday boy's cake (could you imagine if his friends got Rex and Hamm and he didn't? Good thinking, Mom) The cupcakes were chocolate chocolate chip, lemon and pumpkin spice. What a fun project! No wonder these guys are so popular!

No comments: