Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bridal Shower Monogram Cake




For this bridal shower cake, the bride's sister wanted to incorporate the wedding colors and the initials of the bride and groom. She described the blue color as "indigo blue", and I wasn't too sure about the shade (I used "navy blue" food color and "sapphire blue" luster dust!) I figured it was a dark blue, almost to a purple, and I was so relieved when the hostess said that the color was perfect! Phew. The blue bow, ribbon and logo were all made from fondant. The logo was actually inspired by the "Ethan Allen" logo, which happen to be the couple's initials (another suggestion from the hostess). I carved the initials into blue fondant with sculpting tools, then let the piece dry so that it would stand on top of the cake (with the help of a popsicle stick). The cake was white cake with Bavarian cream and raspberry filling, covered in white butter cream. Hope the shower was a big success!

No comments: