Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pink or Blue? Baby Shower Cupcakes









I am such a planner that I can't imagine not finding out the sex of your baby until its birthday! I admire people who still want to be surprised. I may not understand it, but I got to do some fun cupcakes anyway! These cupcakes were lemon with vanilla frosting and chocolate chocolate chip with chocolate frosting. The colors of the shower were ivory, chocolate brown, baby pink and baby blue, with a polka dot theme. So I made different sizes of polka dots out of fondant and also cut out pink and blue question marks (can you believe I actually had a question mark cookie cutter? I think I have a problem...) I layered the cutouts on the ivory and chocolate swirls of frosting, and gave everything a dusting of edible glitter to finish them off. Hope the shower is a lot of fun, girls! (And Sam, I've got my fingers crossed for a girl this time! Good luck!)

No comments: