Saturday, July 16, 2011

Black and White Wedding Cake





Simple and elegant - my favorite kind of wedding.  And this cake was a perfect match for that theme.  I created this 4 tier cake with layers of white cake and raspberry filling.  The tiers were covered in vanilla buttercream and white fondant, with a band of black fondant at the base of each cake.  Then I hand piped the scroll pattern with white buttercream and added a pearl finish.  I always love the "white on white" theme; it's sophisticated and a classic wedding look.  The couple also had a modern looking ceramic cake topper to place on top, but since the reception was being held outside and the weather was warm, I delivered the cake and set it up inside the house where the wedding was being held.  The cake topper was added when the cake arrived at its final destination in the backyard.  This cake served about 120 guests and looked beautiful on my silver cake stand.  I hear it was a big hit with the guests!  Congratulations!  

2 comments:

robin chapa said...

I was there! I saw it in person-- and better, I got to eat some! It was gorgeous, suited the wedding and the couple perfectly and tasted great-- way to go, Jen! :)

xoxox,
robin

robin chapa said...

PS-- I can post comments, now ;) I'm officially a blog stalker.... lol!