Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hula Girl Birthday Cookies and Hawaiian Flower Cupcakes





These cookies turned out ridiculously cute!  I created my own cookie cutter this time by bending a gingerbread woman cutter to my liking.  The cookies got a coat of glaze, then I piped on the skin tone icing, filling in the belly and face with a thinned version of the same icing. I also piped on the green hula skirts and added hair and a coconut bra.  Each dancer got a flower in her hair and a sweet face with edible markers.  Then I wrapped up each cookie in a cellophane bag with a little ribbon and a tag for handing out as favors for a birthday party at a hula dance studio.  The party guests also enjoyed some black and white cupcakes with lime green buttercream icing and a bright fondant hawaiian flower on top.  

No comments: