Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Boy Shower!










Boy Oh Boy! Here are my finished products for the big baby shower...


The cake was a tower of homemade layers of vanilla cake with strawberry & bavarian cream filling and double chocolate cake with chocolate custard. It was covered in white fondant and fondant decorations. And it seemed to be a big hit!


I created the handmade baby blocks as an added decoration for the shower. It was also a creative way to use some extra invitations that featured baby photos of the Mommy & Daddy-to-be. They turned out so cute! I had a hard time keeping them away from my 2-year old daughter. (She'd love a set with her own picture on them...hmmm)


I also made 60 sugar cookie "pops" in the shapes of rattles and baby onesies. They were iced and decorated in coordinating colors of white, blue & brown, then individually wrapped with a tiny bow. The cookies, which were ordered as favors for the guests, were featured in colorful tissue-wrapped buckets and presented as cookie bouquet centerpieces (I love to have 2-for-1 decorations- especially edible ones!)


I had such a great time making these treats...and everything looked so fun & festive together. The shower was lovely, and I was so happy to be able to add to their special day! (Thanks Michelle! And best wishes to Mommy-to-be Jacqui!) xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI jen,
Your mom said the were cute but they are "STINKEN CUTE"
Irene