Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teacher Cupcakes



This was a dozen cookies and cream cupcakes I created for an end of school gift for a teacher. The best part was that it was for a teacher friend of mine! I thought it was a cute idea for a teacher gift (and believe me, I've seen a lot of teacher gifts - not all good) I decided to go with a "school's out for summer" theme, complete with beach cupcakes (I use sugar in the raw over frosting for sand), summer suns (with chocolate details), red apples (with fondant leaves and stems). Then I added the "no school" cupcakes piped in frosting, as well as a couple of cupcakes personalized for the recipient. My teacher friend was so excited (I knew her favorite cake flavor) and I know this is one teacher gift that won't go to the white elephant gift exchange at the Christmas party (yes, I know about that!) ;)

No comments: