Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jungle Baby Shower Cake









This little baby shower cake was based on a darling jungle invitation (see top photo). I made a cookies and cream cake with vanilla custard filling and vanilla icing. The cake got a layer of white fondant (I figured that I'd better start with white since the rest would be pretty colorful). Then I pieced together 3 trees around the sides with brown and green fondant. Next I added the animals: a giraffe, a monkey, birds and some butterflies. I filled in the empty space with different sized flowers and piped the chocolate frosting border at the top and bottom of the cake. I molded the larger elephant in blue fondant to match the invitation, then the baby girl elephant in pink to follow mama (the concept was a suggestion from the client! too cute!) And the pink banner with the guest of honor's name was the cake's finishing touch. I thought this cake turned out so bright and cheerful! What an adorable theme for a shower.

No comments: