Monday, May 10, 2010

Pearls and Gems Wedding Cake





This cake was inspired by the other square wedding cake I made with the pearl border. But my Bride wanted something without all the bows, so we stuck with the pearl beading and the gems surrounded with silver dragees. The cake was a vanilla cake with raspberry and Bavarian cream filling. The whole cake was covered in ivory fondant with an ivory icing border at the bottom of the tiers. I matched the blue fondant gems to a paint chip that the Bride brought to me, which was used as an accent color for her wedding. I thought the touches of blue made it more interesting. It was pretty and simple, and once it made it to the wedding, the florist was going to add white fresh flowers to the top of the tiers. I wish I got to see it when it was all finished! If I find a photo, I will post the finished product. But I think it was very elegant just like this. I hope it was everything you dreamed of and more! Congratulations to you both!


No comments: