Monday, May 10, 2010

80's Birthday Party / Snoopy Cake








So if you could wrap up all the things you love in one big cake, what would it look like? If your name is Stacy and this was your 40th birthday, I have the answer! Her husband was throwing a big 80's party for her big 4-0, so we talked about what she loved in the 80's. Luckily, it was most of the things I loved as well - music and games! I was a huge Atari 2600 junkie, and so I got to make screens from 4 games for the bottom tier - Frogger, Pitfall, Ms. Pacman, and Space Invaders. Everything on these panels was made out of fondant. The middle tier represented the birthday girl's favorite music artists - Van Halen (Hagar- a girl after my own heart!), Lionel Richie, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Night Ranger and Journey. I cut squares from fondant and hand painted each album cover with petal and luster dusts. The top layer represented her favorite character of all time...Snoopy. I made the dog house out of 2 little cake tiers and covered it with red fondant. The Snoopy was molded completely out of fondant with details painted on. Then I added "Happy Birthday Stacy" with chocolate, a couple of "40"s in fondant, and a red fondant bead border to tie in the dog house. Everything was attached to a cover of white fondant over the whole cake. The cake was vanilla cake with Bavarian cream filling, and chocolate chocolate chip cake with chocolate custard filling. Apparently it was "rad"! Party on, you Material Girl!

No comments: