Saturday, July 3, 2010

Graduation Party Centerpieces









It was such a nice break to do something that didn't involve washing any dishes! These centerpieces were for a graduation party for a Laguna Beach High School grad. My challenge was to create some festive centerpieces for a grad party that could be used again the following week for another grad party. I usually do fresh flowers for centerpieces, but with the multi-party aspect and the fact that 17 year old football player didn't really say "roses" to me, I decided to go another direction. So I did 5 different centerpieces for dining tables that incorporated personal photos and the school colors of maroon and white. I made 2 that were "beachy" with sand, shells, and synthetic coral and sparkly plant life. I made 2 more that were school-related (real apples in fish bowl vases, pennants and "2010"s). And the last centerpiece had a cool graphic photo that the grad had used to campaign for class president. I played of that photo and went with all red filler, apples on sticks, and a little blackboard sign. I also added some touches that evoked 4th of July with the sparkly stars in red and silver and picks that simulated fireworks. I was really thrilled with how they came out...they really set the tone for the party. They were fun, but still elegant and personal. Congratulations Ryan! Good luck in your future endeavors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Love these centerpieces! Where did you find the stars and other sparkly decorations? Been looking online and have had no luck.

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Could you give directions on how to do some of this stuff?